Buying a home for the first time can be as overwhelming as it is exciting! Here are 5 tips to ensure you’re off on the right foot for your first purchase.
- Determine your Budget. Before you speak with a Lender or Realtor® it’s important to know what you feel comfortable spending monthly.
- Get Pre-Approved! Meeting with a Mortgage Banker will help you determine how much you can afford to pay for a home, and shows sellers you’re serious about their purchase – making you and your offer more desirable!
- Write our Your List of Needs & Wants: By preparing your list of needs and wants, you’ll stay on track for what is really important in your home. Your needs should include things the home must have to fit you and your family, your wants are things that aren’t necessary but would be a plus to have!
- Work with Professionals. Do your due diligence in interviewing the team that will represent you for your first big purchase. Having experienced agents by your side is pertinent to ensure your needs are being met, and your process is seamless.
- Before You Make an Offer, Visit the Home Multiple Times. It’s important to gather as much information as you can about the neighborhood and home. Visiting at different times will give you insight as to how noisy the street is, and whether or not the neighborhood is the best fit for you and your family.
If you’re ready to get started on the purchase of your first home, we’d love to help! Drop us a line and we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have and assess your home buying needs!